Club Constitution and Bylaws
GREATER NEW ORLEANS SEMINOLE CLUB CONSTITUTION
Article I – Name
The name of this organization shall be
“The Greater New Orleans Seminole Club.”
This organization is formed as a Seminole Club affiliated with the Florida State University.
Article II – Purpose
The purpose of this Seminole Club shall be:
To support he activities of the Florida State University toward the realization of its program objectives as determined by the FSU Alumni Association.
Article III – Membership
All alumni of and individuals interested in Florida State University shall be eligible for membership. Membership dues shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
Article IV – Officers
The government of the Club shall be vested in its officers and Board of Directors. The officers shall consist of a President, President-Elect (Vice President), Secretary, and Treasurer, elected in the manner provided by the Bylaws.
Article V – Meetings
There shall be an annual Club meeting for the election of officers. There shall be such other regular meetings each year as the President and the Board of Directors deems desirable.
Article VI – Amendments
This Constitution may be amended by a two-thirds majority of all members present at any duly called meeting of the Club membership.
Article VII – Adoption
This Constitution may be officially adopted upon its approval by a majority vote of the members of the Club in attendance at any regular or special meeting.
GREATER NEW ORLEANS SEMINOLE CLUB BYLAWS
1. Meetings shall be run according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
The Seminole Club shall hold not less than one meeting per year in order to elect officers and directors.
3. Additional meetings may be held at the discretion of the President.
1. Officers shall be elected for a term of one (1) year. Neither the President nor the President-Elect (Vice President) shall serve more than two consecutive terms. Officers include President, President-Elect (Vice President), Secretary, and Treasurer.
2. The President shall appoint a nominating committee of not less than three (3) persons, who shall submit nominations for all officers. Nominations shall also be received from the floor.
When a vacancy occurs among the officers, the President shall appoint a Club member to fill the unexpired term of office.
The President shall preside at all meetings and shall have general supervision of all the affairs of the Club. The President shall be the official representative of the Club on all occasions except when otherwise designated. The President shall designate the time for the next meeting at each meeting and see that the required number of meetings (2) is held annually.
- The President-Elect (Vice President) shall perform the duties of the President in his or her absence. The President-Elect (Vice President) shall act as liaison between the Club and the Florida State Alumni Association and encourage membership in the Florida State Alumni Association and Seminole Boosters, Inc., as well as support of the university through the FSU Foundation.
- The Secretary shall keep an accurate record of all Club and Board meetings and shall keep a list of membership of the Club with the address and telephone number of each member. The Secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the Club. This officer shall furnish the Alumni Association and the Executive Director of Seminole Boosters, Inc. the names of all new officers immediately after election. The Secretary shall make available the Club records to any active Club member on request.
- The Treasurer shall receive all monies of the Club and deposit these monies in a bank approved by the officers. The Treasurer shall pay all Club debts and submit a report at every business meeting. The treasurer shall file the annual financial report with Seminole Boosters, Inc. as required by the NCAA, and with the FSU Alumni Association.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors shall consist of the above named officers, the immediate past President of the Club, committee chairpersons, and as many additional members as the Club may choose to elect.
- The Government of the Club and the direction of its activities shall be vested in the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors shall meet at least twice per year.
- A meeting of the Board of Directors must be called by the President upon the written request of three members of the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors may remove for cause any Board member with the presenting of a signed petition for removal of said member with two-thirds of the Board signing the petition. This petition will be mailed to the Board member in question.
Bylaws may be amended at any regular meeting of the Club membership by a simple majority vote of the members present and voting.